Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo '11, Day 1

So I did the midnight online launch event for the Chicago NaNoWriMos.  That's the first time I've ever written while I had a chat window up.  It was an interesting experience, and the occasional Word Wars (who can write the most words in a half hour) were pretty effective motivation for someone who's as competitive as myself.  Granted, I didn't win any of them, but still, it got me writing, and that's what matters.

As the goal is 50,000 words in 30 days, you need to make an average of 1,667 words every day to make your 50k at the end.  Tonight, I managed 1,641 in under two hours.  Not a bad start at all.  But starting is easy.  Finishing...that's hard.  We'll see where I'm at in a month, eh?

NaNoWriMo Day 1
Word Count: 1,641 / 3.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment