Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Working for Yahoo, Part III

Today, I submitted my third article for Yahoo, a business review.  In this first week of work I'm looking to try a little of everything and see what pans out and what doesn't.  I'm getting more used to the Yahoo text editor, though its still not my favorite.  I'll probably use an outside word processor for longer works, but it seems like less of a hassle to do one and done articles in the editor.

I've also decided what to do about the mystery short story assignment.  I have a couple of characters in mind to use, so I'll write a short self-contained story about them for Yahoo, while doing a longer piece that serves as a series introduction for Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine.  With luck, EQMM will buy my story.  With God's own luck, it'll be a hit and I'll get a regular writing gig out of it.  Mind you, while I have a setting and characters, I still need to think up an actual mystery or two.  That requires planning, and isn't well suited to my compose-as-I-go style that I've been using on my non-fiction Yahoo stuff.  I may even have to write an outline, which is something I haven't had to do since I got out of school.

What a concept, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment