Friday, April 29, 2011

Working for Yahoo, Part V

So, after one day online, my first article on Yahoo has a grand total of 21 page views.  That apparently translates into something like 3 cents.  That's pretty puny, and far worse than I'd imagined.  Now granted, I finished the assignment way early, so its possible that once we're actually nearer to graduation days in late May and early June it'll get more play and maybe some pub from Yahoo itself.  In which case, the 21 views represents only my own ability to market through Facebook and Twitter.  And if that's the case, I can see how my own limited efforts have borne relatively few fruit.

I also have to consider the possibility that YAC is a long term game.  That we'll pick up views over the long term instead of in one big burst.  In that hope, I've typed up another quick assignment, so we'll see how long that one takes to get out, and what happens when it does.

But still.  Three cents?  Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. The vast majority of internet writing is a long game indeed. 21 hits isn't that bad for a fledgling effort.

    ReplyDelete