Monday, May 2, 2011

Working for Yahoo, Part VI

Well, I've got some money back now.  Granted, its only $2, but it is money.  So I guess I'm officially a professional writer, if only by the narrowest of margins.

That $2 comes from the Up Front fee for my Civil War Battlefield article about Wilson's Creek.  That was part of a trip I took back in March to a number of battlefields.  Since the first one paid out, I guess I'll do the rest soon.

I also accepted, wrote, and got published on the same day an Assignment from Yahoo about my Summer Reading List.  Its not bad, if perhaps a bit obvious in a couple of cases.   I did think it was interesting how quickly they got it and published it, especially since I've got a couple more articles in the queue that are still awaiting approval.

Something that is annoying to me is that they suggest putting up a Contributor Photo.  Which is fine, but every time I try, it bounces and I'm stuck with the default blank slate.  Its getting on my nerves, and I don't know what I need to do to make it work.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I should get your autograph soon, before you're too uppity to associate with us!

    ReplyDelete