Sunday, January 1, 2012

Write Everyday Project '12, Day 1 - Introduction

I do hope everyone had a happy and safe New  Year's.  For me, it was spent at a friend's Bad Movie Night New Year's Eve Party.  Though watching that much concentrated bad may have damaged my soul, it was pretty safe physically, and the roads we're pretty quiet by the time I was driving home.  So my New Year was both safe and filled with laughter, which is about the best one can hope for.

New Year's pleasantries dispensed with, the time has come to begin the Write Everyday Project once again.  My goal is to write something here every single day in 2012 which, as a leap year, means going 366 consecutive entries.  It should be interesting to see how far I get, as the 2010 version went a mere 28 entries before getting shelved in favor of NaNoWriMo.

As before, WEP '12 will consist of whatever comes to mind, be it sports, movies, TV, or video games.  Given that leap years are also presidential election years, I'll likely end up talking some politics, but only sparingly.  I'd expect some general life and writing discussion to continue as well.  I'm folding my existing Old Republic coverage into the WEP as well.  I may only end up playing the game for a couple of months, or maybe for the rest of the year.  It's hard to say with an MMO.  For the moment, though, it is my game-drug of choice and will occupy most of my video game head space for the foreseeable future.

So that's the plan.  At least one entry a day from January 1st through December 31st.  Let the writing commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment