Saturday, February 25, 2012

WEP '12, Day 55 - A Sweep and a Miss

I find myself deluged by TV that I want to watch but have no time for.  In fact, let's look at the shows that I'd like to be watching.

Top Shot is the History Channel competitive shooting show that I should have covered in my Competitive TV Series but flat out forgot.  Top Shot goes for a pseudo-Survivor style contest where the contestants are split into two teams.  There's a challenge, and then the team that lost the challenge votes to lose a member.  The main differences are that all the challenges are about marksmanship in one way or another, and that when you're voting you end up voting for two people, and then those tow have a one on one challenge and the loser of that one goes home.  Really, you watch Top Shot for the shooting and the competition, not the crappy Survivor style team politics.

I already did cover Top Chef last month.  You can get the details here.  The only thing that sucks is that I've missed the last two episodes, including the finale, so now I'm dodging spoilers while trying to find time for a couple of On Demand hours back to back.  Luckily, Top Chef isn't nearly as hard to avoid as, say, Doctor Who is, so I don't know who's won it quite yet.

And then there's Celebrity Apprentice, the show that The Donald decided was more important to him than a run at the Presidency.  That whole campaigning thing would have disrupted the show's shooting schedule, you see.  Like The Mole before it, The Apprentice has decided to ham it up with B and C grade celebrities over the last few seasons.  And, for the most part, I've been ignoring it since the last "real" season.  Though, arguably, the only season Trump actually took seriously was the first one.

The problem this year is that both George Takei and Penn Gillete are on Celebrity Apprentice.  And I'm a fan of both those men.  So I'd like to watch the thing, at least until they're both off the show, but I just haven't internalized the show to the point that it ever occurs to me to watch it, except in retrospect.  And then it is, by definition, too late.  Though, of course, I'm sure there are On Demand and Internet options.

So there you have it.  Three shows that I'd like to watch but I'm not.  Maybe I'll find some time for them...and maybe you can as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment