Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Write Everyday Project #16, Cooking (Shoyu Chicken)

I've been using Allrecipes.com to cook from a lot lately.  Mostly desserts, but I've tried a couple of main dishes too.  My most recent one was this Shoyu Chicken recipe.  It worked pretty well.  I'm coming late to cooking.  Most of the time I've lived on my own, my food was either microwaved, or at best, very primitive meat & rice concoctions.  And while I still do love "Miscellaneous Meat & Rice," I'm starting to appreciate what you can get with more effort.

I still don't have a particularly refined palette, and though I tinker with the various recipes, I'm neither classically trained nor know enough to be a chef, but I am starting to become a cook.

Like the man said, "You've taken your first step into a larger world."  And that feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment